In spite of its widespread availability, Viber, a popular instant messaging program, has been noted to be unresponsive on Windows 10 and 11.
Some users are unable to open Viber due to unknown issues as no error pops up. This is a rather common bug with UWP applications along with the fact that Viber supports limited desktop devices. Without further ado, let’s dive into the potential solutions to Viber not opening issues.
Read More: Enable Google Dark Windows
Why is my Viber app not opening?
This may be caused by a number of things and the most common are:
- Invalid Permissions
- Corrupt/Missing files
- Unsupported Windows version
How to fix Viber not opening on Windows issue:
Method 1: Running As Administrator (Granting Proper Permissions)
Usually granting yourself access to Viber as an administrator works 90% of the time. Here is how you can run Viber as an administrator and solve the improper permissions issue:
- Go to the Viber icon.
- Instead of double left click, you have to right-click on it.
- Select Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes.
Method 2: Re-install Viber (Fixing Corrupt/Missing Files)
The issue can be corrupted files or incorrect setup. Here is how you can re-install Viber and fix corrupted/missing files:
- Select Apps and Features by pressing Windows key + X.
- Now, choose Viber and click on Uninstall to remove it from your system.
- To finish the procedure, just follow the prompts on the screen.
- Afterward, reinstall Viber from the official page.
Compatibility (Unsupported Windows Version)
Viber is compatible with only a certain number of desktop devices. Please check if your desktop is one of the supported operating systems for Viber:
- Windows 10 (64 bit), and 11
If you do not have the correct Windows then unfortunately you can not run the Viber app on your PC. You will need to re-install the correct Windows to run Viber. Do let us know in the comments what worked for you.