Want to know how to change group name on Facebook, well we have the solution for you. Facebook groups are one of the best ways to interact, discuss, market, and socialize with people from all around the world. These Facebook groups are recognized by their names. However, newer groups have the issue of keeping their audience engaged. One of the easiest ways to get them hooked is by using a catchy and appropriate group name. In this article, we will tell you how to change group name on Facebook.
Changing Group name on Facebook
If you are wondering how to change a group name on Facebook, then we have got you covered. However, there are some requirements before you do so. Facebook does not let anyone change the group name at any given time. It is to prevent spam and other problems.
Requirements to Change Group Name in Facebook
Here are the requirements to change group name in Facebook:
- You may alter the name of a Facebook group if you started it or if someone else appointed you an administrator of their group.
- The most typical reason for changing a group’s name is because it still retains its old URL. This is usually the case when a new group is formed. Because people search for subjects rather than long particular URLs in social media, you’ll want people to be able to locate your group with a quick search. as you can see in the image below
- Your audience’s culture has resulted in a different focus. It is no longer a fresh Facebook group, so as time passes and your following increases, you may discover that its focus has shifted. People talk about the same things over and over again. These topics and material may differ from those taking place on your group page. What they’re speaking about could be a better focal point than what you had in mind. You should contemplate it if it makes sense.
- While Facebook has certain limits, you may generally title a group whatever you like as long as it does not violate Facebook’s Community Standards.
You may alter the name of a Facebook group using a laptop, desktop computer, or mobile device. Continue reading to find out how.
How to change group name on Facebook PC
To alter the name of a Facebook group, you must be a group administrator – that is, you must either be the person who established the group or be appointed as one by the group’s creator.
Here is how to change group name on Facebook:
- Tap on the three lines present on the right uppermost corner.
- Click on the Groups tab.
- Tap on the “Your Groups” option.
- Open any of your groups under the “Groups you manage” option
- Click on the Admin icon present on the right uppermost corner.
- Scroll down and open Settings
- Select “Name and Description.”
- Change your Group Name and tap on Save.
When you change the name of your group, all members will get a notification informing them of the change. You can only change the name of the group once per 28 days.
How to change group name on Facebook Mobile App
The procedure how to change group name on Facebook mobile:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android device and hit the Menu symbol (three horizontal lines) in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Groups,” then on the name of your group. If you can’t locate it, go to “Your Groups” and then scroll down to “Groups You Manage.”
- Tap the shield-like icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Then, in the pop-up menu, select “Group Settings.”
- Select “Name and Description” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the “Group Name” area and enter a new name for your group. When you’re finished, hit “Save” in the upper-right corner.
Note: The above steps mention are will also tell you how to change group name on Facebook for iPhone. Now that you know how to change a group name on Facebook, use this feature responsibly. Otherwise, people may report you for spam, or even Facebook’s automated software will.
Who has the authority to change the name of a Facebook group?
Only administrators have the ability to change data settings. The creator of a page is automatically designated an administrator, and other users can be appointed as administrators. Check that the administrator of the group has added your Facebook account to the administrator’s group. The author has the right to remove your administrator position at any moment, so make certain you have their permission before making this modification.
How to change Facebook Group name before 28 days
The short answer to this is, you can’t. As we mentioned earlier, there are strict requirements placed by Facebook in order to prevent spam. If it were not for the 28 day wait period, anyone could change the Facebook group’s name infinite times a day.
Why can’t I alter the name of my Facebook group?
Changes may only be made if you have an admin account. If you are an administrator and are still unable to alter the name, it is possible that you have above 5000 members. This is done in order to prevent abuse.
Hopefully, by now, you know how to change your Facebook group’s name. Follow us for more tips and tricks.