Many would like to know how to delete Instagram post and we are here to tell you exactly how to do that. We all make mistakes, and in anger or frustration, we might do something that our sane selves would never do. In anger, you might have posted a photo of yourself with a new person on Instagram to make your ex jealous. After you get ahold of yourself and you’re thinking what a petty move. Well, worry not as we can guide you on how to delete Instagram post.
How to Delete Instagram Post
Here are the steps for deleting a post on Instagram:
- Open your profile by tapping on your picture present on the right-bottom corner of your application.
- Select the picture you want to delete by browsing through your gallery.
- Click on the three dots present on the right-upper most corner.
- Tap on the “Delete” option.
- A popup will appear asking if you want to permanently delete your picture or Archive it. Select Delete.
Voila! You have successfully deleted your Instagram post. Just Remember: Deleted posts can not be recovered.
Now you know how to delete Instagram post but be cautious. When you complete the procedures outlined above, you will permanently erase your Instagram post. That means the photo (or video) will get deleted from your profile, along with any likes and comments it got. If all of that seems a bit too harsh for you, there is a method to delete photographs from your Instagram profile without permanently deleting them. So if you just don’t want others to view them, then you may also archive posts rather than delete them. Archived posts are only available to you, and no one else can see them. There is no method to retrieve a deleted post, although archived ones can be restored.
How to Archive and Unarchive Post in Instagram
You can follow the steps mentioned above to Archive a photo but in the last step, instead of selecting “Delete” simply select “Archive.” If you want you can later unarchive them, and nothing strange will happen if you unarchive a photo. It will return on your profile in the exact place on your timeline where you deleted it. Nobody will be informed. Here is how to unarchive an Instagram post:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- To access your profile, click the person symbol in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Then, in the top-right corner of the screen, press the three horizontal lines.
- Finally, select Archive.
- Locate the photo you wish to remove from the archive.
- Then, in the top-right corner of the image, tap the three horizontal dots.
- Tap the Show on Profile button.
Voila! Now you have successfully archived your Instagram post, and nobody can see it. Remember, the Archived posts are just hidden and not deleted.
With this article, we hope you now know how to archive and delete an Instagram post. If you’d like more information on the topic or would like help setting up your account’s settings for privacy, feel free to visit our page! We’ll be sure to provide new tips and tricks as they become available so that you can stay ahead of the game in social media marketing. So do follow us if these topics interest you!